Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas in Kenya

I vividly remember some five years ago around this time. Christmas was the most awaited day of the year and pretty much wiped a smile on everyone's faces. I mean clothes in stores around this time were so expensive that parents had to buy them for their kids in January when they were at their cheapest and store them for twelve months til christmas day, well its no surprise some of us ended up looking like Santa himself in a toddler's clothes. But hey, it was the joy of having new clothes to show off to our friends that mattered. Bragging rights I shall call them, personally I had to ensure my christmas was going to be spent in shaggz where I could taunt the shaggerianz with my stunning christmas gear. It's no secret a city boy could afford better clothes than the shaggerians right? So why struggle with the best stuff? Anyway, those days are gone so today I'm going to spend the day with my family in town and behave like 'adults' do. Merry Xmas yo!